This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Arnold Away


I saw Arnold off in a taxi cab just after noon today bound for the airport. His plane was scheduled to leave for Seattle at 3 PM and was due to arrive at about 10.30 PM Seattle time, if my memory serves me right. I found out later that Seattle had been slammed by a snow storm that had closed the airport the day before, so I am hoping that Arnold got through OK and that the shuttle bus from Seattle to the west side of Puget Sound is able to run. Time will tell. Arnold promised to send me an email when he got home.

After Arnold left I spent several hours rearranging the boat to free up the V-berth area in the forecastle for use as a sleeping compartment again. I also spent time putting canvas covers on the winches, hatches, outboard motor, and survival raft. I moved the life raft to the foredeck and strapped it to the mast, freeing up the cockpit for use of the fold-out table. I also removed the stern ropes from the cockpit area by coiling them up and hanging them off the rails behind the transom.

Also, I had a win in the afternoon. I tried out the connection of our Australian drinking-quality hose and it fit! Better yet, the hose was just long enough to reach both filler, so I was able to top up Pachuca's tanks with minimum effort.

Enclosed is a photo of the sunset from the cockpit of my boat. You'll see some outriggers in the water. Polynesian-style outrigger competition is a Big Deal here and I see many boats training hard.

Don't forget that you can enlarge this and any other photograph on the blog by pointing to the picture and hitting the left button on the mouse.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me