This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Visit to Todai Buffet


Yesterday Brenda and I took Reg's advice and visited the Todai for lunch on Ala Moana Blvd not far from the boat. It is described on its web page as "Todai is an upscale All-You-Can-Eat Japanese Seafood Buffet Restaurant."

For me it began as gourmet heaven. We had the complete run of the unusually spacious restaurant which included a large variety of sea foods, meats, vegetables, soups, deserts, and a mind-boggling selection of sushi. I washed all of this down with a tall glass of very cold Japanese beer.

Unfortunately given my nature I steadily descended into the gourmand trap and plumbed the depths of greed and excess. I had difficulty in walking out of the place.

My sole dinner that night was sharing with Brenda a bottle of excellent 2006 Italian Cabernet Sauvignon given to us by Dieter of Florin, in the cockpit of Pachuca with the lights of Honolulu on one side and the ocean surf on the other. The superb wine had an very settling affect on my stomach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah! I miss Japanese beer. Now drinking Carton Dry Fusion with lime which is a bit similar. Didn't know you were clever with chopsticks Bob!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me