This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Photos from Port Angeles





The top photo shows my shore visiting setup at Port Angeles. I would tie up the Zodiac at the totally unused public slips and walk ashore without getting my feet wet. In the background you can see Pachuca at anchor.










This photo shows how calm the waters were at times. I departed for Port Townsend in conditions similar to this.













This one gives an idea of what it's like to have a large cargo ship coming at you at over 19 knots and only a few minutes from collision. I was in relatively shallow water so I was confident that he would turn. The fact that I am here to tell the tale confirms that I was correct.













This one shows the use of the davit to raise and lower the outboard motor. It is an obvious technique which nevertheless took me years to try out.












The final photo shows the Arnold's grounding setup for the HF radio. It worked very well. I downloaded two messages from Friday Harbor at 3400 bytes per minute.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me