This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Connected And Photos On Way


I started the day with a useful and necessary chore: the thorough cleaning out of both the refrigerator and ice box compartments. I did a top job, using copious amounts of sea water to clean the compartments and the baskets that hold the stores. I left the baskets and refrigerator lid in the cockpit to get some sun and fresh air while we were ashore.

Afterwards I went for a swim in my under pants and t-shirt to get them clean too. I checked the anchor and found that it had burrowed itself down to where only a few square inches were visible. After the swim I rinsed myself and the clothes in fresh water and felt great. I like living in this dry desert-like climate.

Jim met us as we came of the beach and very soon we were on our way with him and his dog Scout (female) on the way to a town about 8 miles away. We found a simple little shop where we were able to get brandy, beer, and oh by the way potatoes, tomatos, onions, and bread.

Jim then drove us to a pretty swanky resort at the southern end of the bay. The resort has a golf course watered by their own desalination plant, tennis courts, restaurant, and spectacular views. Security was very tight and we had to pass through two security gates. Once inside we saw only staff and no customers. The place looked like a vision way ahead of its time.

Then we had a beer and for me lunch, the best hamburger that I've had in years. After that we got the security password of the restaurant's WiFi system and we were soon set up with me ready to finally post photos for this blog.

The first photo is of the chart plotter showing our track out of Ensenada.

The next one is of Pachuca under sail to the Sea of Cortez.

The next one shows the final last-chance trial of the Waterlog watermaker.

The last photo is of the result of the trial: cutting of the watermaker's cable and consigning it to Davey Jones' locker. I figure that each of the 6 drops of water that we got from that watermaker cost me about $300.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me