This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

US Passport Renewed

Yesterday I realized one of the important side benefits to this trip to the USA: the renewal of my US passport.  The old passport was due to expire in March 2011, which became a problem when my return to Australia was delayed by one year due to my engine problems.  I did not feel comfortable with the prospect of having the passport renewed in Mexico City because for all of the wonderful things that Mexico has going for it, the mail system is definitely not one of them, ranging from non-existent to execrable.  I still had my Australian passport and could have gone with that if forced to, but I wanted to avoid any difficulties that might arise from my entering Mexico and establishing an FM3 residency with a US passport then departing with an Australian passport.

The renewal process was convenient and efficient, involving principally the internet and mail system.  I paid an extra $60 for "expedited" processing and got results in about two weeks. 

The new passport expires on 1 December 2020 at which time my age will be ... Oh, I don't want to think about it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ha-ha....2020....That's funny!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me