This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, February 10, 2014

Inflatable and Outboard Motor

A couple of days I dragged the Bombard inflatable dinghy out of the garage and set it up on the verandah for inflation.  The inflatable came with the purchase of Pachuca and I had stored her in the garage during the circumnavigation.  I also transported the outboard motor to Darlington so that I could try to get it started in a water tank.
Bombard Inflatable Dinghy

I got the outboard motor running on Saturday with little trouble.  This was of great relief because I had not used it since the major maintenance that it had received when I first arrived in Brazil.  Ricardo had done his work well because the engine had plenty of kick and idled beautifully.

On Sunday Brenda and Stephen drove up to have a look at the new kitchen counter and after lunch we inflated the Bombard.  It came up well and held its pressure.  We prefer the Bombard with its inflatable floor to the Zodiac, which went downhill fast after its floor slats broke.  The Zodiac now holds its air pretty well but the floor leaks badly around the seams, and I have placed it in storage as a backup. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me