This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, June 10, 2019

Deck platform mounted

Last week Bruce and I bolted the what I call the deck platform into position.  I had the platform made in Mexico to house the life raft, provide a seat for sipping wine when at anchor, and provide an invaluable elevation for managing the mainsail and its cover.


Add caption
Against all my instincts I had allowed the workmen to screw instead of bolt the feet to the deck after their assurances that there would be no problems.  The first problem was that I was forced to file off the tips of the screws that were protruding through the cabin ceiling. Then over time ugly streaks of rust bled into the cabin ceiling.  This time Bruce and I did it right with well sikaflexed thru bolts.

Dolphie did a wonderful job of polishing the stainless steel frame then  sanding and coating the teak with 2-pack marine varnish.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me