This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weather fun.....

Hi,

Stephen here again. Pachuca had a good sailing wind last I heard, about 10.00am yesterday my time. I'm in Perth, Western Australia.

They are very happy with the weather fax system, which runs from a laptop and get transmissions from HF radio. Currently, they recieve weather fax information from New Zealand.

I am always curious about the weather where they are, and came across an updated satellite image/s showing (I believe) mostly uppper level cloud. This is my "cool thing" and you can see it at this link;

http://tinyurl.com/4eupxw

You really need flash (and broadband) for it to work OK. You can see New Zealand outlined in the bottom left of the screen. It's up to date.....

Pachuca is roughly (hasn't been updated for 24 hours) at this location;
http://tinyurl.com/4ksbaw

Thanks for reading......

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me