This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Visit from Pt Townsend







Yesterday a little bit of Port Townsend came to us. Jean and Burl Davies with friend Frank drove to Kingston in the early afternoon and arrived at Sandra and Arnold's house at about 1.30 PM. For me it was great to see Jean, Burl, and Frank again, to whom I keep saying goodbye and whom I miraculously keep seeing again.

Frank seemed taken by the architecture of the Spanish style house and was soon upstairs in Arnold's office discussing with him their fishing experiences in Key West Florida. Soon they joined the rest of us in the living room and we spent the next two hours in the lively and entertaining conversation that inevitably happens when in their company, over white wine and beer . We then moved to the dining room for a yummy lunch of chili beef, salad, and corn bread that Sandra had magically produced on short notice.

Sometime during the afternoon I remarked that the last time that they had visited me was when they had made the long drive to Neah Bay bringing emergency supplies of wine and beer to Brenda and myself. I told them that I was grateful for that and that I was very happy that they had driven to Kingston to meet Arnold and Sandra and see their home.

Arnold and Sandra enjoyed the visit and were glad to have met them.

With darkness fast approaching it was time to say farewell again. Hopefully the rest can get together again soon but as for me, it is unlikely that I will return to the Kingston-Port Townsend area until after my expected return to Australia in March 2011.

But one never knows what life will bring.

The bottom photo shows, left to right, Jean, Frank, Sandra, Arnold, and Burl. Just above that is myself in the green sweater with Jean, Burl, and Frank.

2 comments:

vjd said...

Thank you for a lovely New Year's afternoon filled with great drink, company and food. We look foward to many more blogs and visits from the others.
Love to all,

Jean

Chris said...

I love the lights on that Christmas Tree. Beautiful photos you have too.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me