This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Videos: 23 Dec, 1900 Miles From Horn

This morning I spent several hours downloading Google images of the Buenos Aires area using David's GPSDataLogger software.  In sweeping over the area repeatedly getting more detailed satellite and "roadmap" images I've become familiar with the Buenos Aires and Tigre areas.  Indeed, there are many marinas in the area, with what must be thousands of yachts.   I used the roadmap images to locate the Puerto Madero Yacht Club, which is next to the heart of the city.  I also did work investigating a glitch that I had discovered in the Google map download process and passed the results to David who found it very useful.

I began work on the winches at 1.15. PM and managed to complete both of the starboard ones by 6.30 PM.  Then it was off to the club for a hot shower, shave, and an internet session over red wine and a hamburger.

Anyway, enclosed are two videos from 23 December.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me