This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wine Supply

I took delivery of the recreational alcohol supplies today.  Luciano, the owner of the shop delivered to the boat.  I met him at the driveway then he loaded the boxes onto a dolly and wheeled it along the jetty to the boat. 

The delivery included 24 reds (mainly malbecs and cabernet sauvignons), 6 whites, 6 liqueurs (Bols cafe al cognac), and 6 1-liter bottles of Heineken beer.  The reds (mostly mid-range) averaged about $5 per bottle.  The whites average $4.40 per bottle.  Each 1-liter bottle of Heineken cost about $2.70.  The 700 ml bottles of Bols cost about $4.45 each.

I don't plan to go mad with this stock.  (In fact, last night I had my first glass of wine in about 10 days.)  I like the thought that a few months down the track I'll be able to open a bottle of malbec or maybe a chilled Suter white, and think of my stay in Argentina. 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me