This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, September 13, 2009

PTWBF - Day 2

During the middle day of the Boat Festival we did a bit of souvenir shopping then attended one-hour talks. After watching a schooner race Brenda heard an interesting presentation by a Brazillian on on his experiences with building (in Australia) and sailing his boat.

I attended a talk on dealing with piracy. The speaker, Nancy Edey, had completed two circumnavigations of 5 years each with all-women crew. Of particular interest to me was her mentioning that her 19-ton boat is powered by a 20 HP SABB engine like mine. After her presentation I asked her about her engine and she said that she had no problem with it. I told her about my troubles and she said that Mark at Shoreline Diesel is a good man for the job. The second talk was a poor choice for me because it dealt with ropes and anchoring for very small boats. By the time I made my way from that talk to Nigel Calder's talk on anchoring the queue was so long that I figured that I would not make the cut into the small room and gave it a miss.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me