This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Frantic Friday




Friday was a very busy day for me.

Over breakfast Brenda and I decided to depart Port Townsend on Sunday rather than Saturday because there was still too much to do.

Zee visited in the morning to tension the head bolts and plan the installation of the Racor fuel vacuum gauge. Afterward Brenda and I visited Shoreline Marine Diesel where Brenda took a photo of me with Mark, Seth, and Zee.

From there we visited Dan, Lisa, and Shannon at Port Townsend Rigging to say goodbye and thanks for the great work to make Pachuca safer. On the way back I saw Joe from BUMS (Bottoms Up Maintenance Service) who had antifouled Pachuca bid my farewell.

Arnold and Sandra arrived from Kingston at about 2 PM and I was very pleased that with my new ladder in place and the rails down Sandra was able for the first time to board Pachuca for a visit. We had a delightful lunch over a bottle of Washington State chardonnay at the Bay View restaurant with splendid views of Port Townsend Bay.

After lunch I visited the marina office and got a nice surprise. Even though I was entitled to a $10 discount four days per week because I was on the slip for boat work I had been there long enough to save about $200 dollars by paying the regular long-term price. We walked out of the office knowing that we were paid up until the following Wednesday and the funds would be taken out of my Visa card when I telephoned them on departure.

I then met Doug Roth on Pachuca where he mounted the thermostat on a new evaporator that he had installed earlier in the week and made a final check of the refrigerator. I paid him for his service and thanked him for his tenacity over a span of almost four months.

Then I visited Shoreline to settle accounts which I told Mark looked reasonable to me.

The top photo is of Arnold with the restaurant's free live entertainment: Anna the waitress. The second photo shows the new fuel pressure gauge. Below is a photo of, starting from left, Zee, myself, Mark, and Seth. The mural at the back was commissioned by Mark to depict a scene of Port Townsend industry in the 1930's if I recall correctly, which saved the town in very tough times. In the foreground is a Foss tug.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Seems you have caught up with as many people as me this week. Thursday I had all my kids together here for the first time in three years. It was wonderful. Hope to see Stephen Thursday.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me