This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, April 5, 2010

Engine Update

I dug out the old head from below the quarter berth then I telephoned Colin to confirm that the head also included the valves. He asked me to inspect the section between the valves to look for a crack. I did this using a light and a magnifying glass and found no crack. I told Colin that as far as I knew the head was basically OK. It had been swapped out because it had been on a leaky gasket for quite a while.

I will meet Colin at 8 AM tomorrow and hand the head to him.

Let's hope that he can do something good with it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me