This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Friday, April 23, 2010

Quotation and Photos



I've just received the quotation for a new storm jib: $10 per sq ft and delivery at the end of the first week of may. I'll decline it on both counts. I'm not willing to pay $1000 for a 100 sq ft of sail, and I told the man to quote only if he could deliver by the end of April. I'll try to find something during my long stay in Costa Rica.

Yesterday I took a few photos during my trip ashore for a haircut. Within my limited range of walking distance I have not seen a lot of particularly photogenic scenes of La Paz other than its beautiful waterfront. This is not to say that the city isn't clean, pleasant and orderly (other than the atrocious side walks); but to me it all seems practical and prosaic.

Anyway, here are two photos of the marina. The first photo is of the approach to the dinghy dock with the well-know The Dock cafe in the background. The other photo is of the site of the Club Cruceros (Cruiser's Club), the well organized social center for the expat cruisers. Inside is the best book exchange that I have seen so far, and a library of hundreds of movies on DVD.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me