This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sea Ancchor Line


Today I took the 100 meters of sea anchor line to the marina and soaked it in fresh water. After using it in the Southern Ocean I rinsed it in fresh water in Adelaide but could not recall if I had soaked it or merely played a hose on it. The rope felt clammy to the touch so I decided to give it a good soaking and leave in out to dry in the hot and windy La Paz climate. As soon as the nylon rope became saturated it became wonderfully supple, and I hope that it stays that way after it has dried.

This is Tuesday afternoon. Colin said last week that he'd install the head on "Monday or Tuesday". I will bide my time until Friday afternoon and hope for the best.

In the meantime I'll occupy my time as usefully as I can. Tomorrow at slack tide if the wind is calm I'll go into the water and scrape Angie's water line, which has small mussels living on it. The problem is that the boat is so low in the water that the wild life can attach itself just above the antifouling. I'll also dive on the propeller and clean it up. I don't think that I have enough lung capacity to be able to clean the slime on the entire hull but I've got a mop that should give me plenty of reach.

2 comments:

Chris said...

You are finding life like me...plastic bottles ordered over a month ago failed to leave, but should arrive Friday or next week! Olives need them!

Anonymous said...

Can´t find your email address!!!! this is from Pyewacket, we are in Acapulco, good sailing here (6 days), check out is easy, paid about 60 bucks as (1) they said we didn´t have a receipt for immigration when we checked in so had to pay again!!!!! and then (2) an exit fee of about 18 bucks (part of the 60). Easy and no hassles apart from money!. Busy port, deep anchorage, can´t get in as far as charlie´s charts reckons, easy entrance. Have to pay $14 for dinghy dock at smaller marina (includes shower), we got a lift from another boat as we are tight arses, someone else said you can land at beach and lifeguards will look after dinghy (haven´t tried). lots of transport, cheap taxis, only 6,000 to choose from and lots of buses, not great marine supplies here, not what we want anyway. big city, lunacy but fun if in right frame of mind, will leave probably Fri (cocos), good luck with engine . . . stay in touch
Jackie and Noel

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me