This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bike Ride

I rode the bicycle to the other end of town to have a key duplicated and found myself in the lunch hour trap: it was 3.15 PM and the place was closed 2-4 PM.  It was a nice day so I decided to keep heading east along Revolution to have a look around.

It turned out to be a very pleasant part of town, which I would describe as elegant and leafy residential.

Only a few blocks into my exploration I came across the La Paz's Alliance Francaise building.

I couldn't resist photographing the sign posts of street names with social/political significance.  Forget street names like "Elm" or "Seaview" - the old town has  names of significance such as  "Benito Juarez", "Miguel de Legaspy", "5 de Febrero", "5 de Mayo", "16 de Septiembre", "Reforma", "Independencia", "Constitucion", ....





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, robert. Thanks for the photos.
Really interesting !

Stephen F

Coral said...

Much more interesting than the Alliance Francais building in Nedlands.....

Chris said...

Love the buildings!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me