This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Milk Crate and Light

I made the three purchases that I had planned for the day: 6 spare neon tubes, the milk crate, and the LED light.

When the time comes the yellow rope bag will be moved into the main cabin and the crate will sit directly on the sole, ready to take the chain dropping from above.  I doubt that the crate will hold all 38 meters of 10 mm (3/8") chain, but it should accommodate the bulk of it.

I mounted the LED and light switch in the head and although it has a bit of an industrial look it provides outstanding illumination.  According to the BEP meter, the light runs on 300 milliamps.

The round light next to the mirror runs on AA batteries and times out after about 30 seconds.  I like it because it is independent of the boat's electrical system, so if due to some misfortune the boat is plunged into darkness I'll know where I can find emergency lighting.

1 comment:

Chris said...

finally screw caps on wine bottles! Cleared out 4 barrels today...exhausted! Can't work as hard as you lone sailor!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me