This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Videos, Sailing in Gale Winds

Unfortunately I don not have the appropriate photographic equipment for taking photos and videos during the height of gales. During those times there is simply too much salt water flying around.  In any event, my worst experience was at night, and it was a sight to behold.  All I could do was to keep running before it and hope that the equipment held up because any deviation and broaching could have been catastrophic.  These are videos taken during the aftermath.

1 comment:

sm said...

I'm seasick...

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me