This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Flying Out Tonight

At breakfast this morning I had a short chat with the English-speaking gentleman.  He asked me how my touring had gone yesterday and I replied fine, except that the visibility had not been good, particularly when I was at Ipanema beach.  He responded he had checked the weather forecast and today would be worse. 

I told him that I expected to pass through Rio again in November, and would that be a better time.  He said definitely Yes. "Winter" will be over and the skies will be much clearer.  He also said that after November it gets "too hot" through to Carnival time.  This is another confirmation that November is a good time to be in Brazil, and also a good time to leave it.  Anyway, on the basis of his information I'll probably spend at least 2 nights in Rio in November.  I'll visit Corcovado hill first (the statue of Christ overlooking the city).  Once I've done that, with its uncertainties a first-time visit, I'll re visit Sugarloaf Mountain now that I better know the Zona Sul section of Rio.  Easy.  I'll take a bus to Urca, visit Sugar Loaf Mountain, then take another bus to Ipanema to have another look at their great market then walk past the canal to have a look at Leblon beach.  The way back is the "Central" bus.

The plane to the USA departs at 8PM.  After I check out of the hotel at noon I'll take a cab to the airport.  I don't mind being nice and early.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Have a good trip to the USA. Say hello to Arnold for me.

Unknown said...

nice blog...


hotels on sg highway

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me