This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quiet Days and Bookends

I've been spending my time doing housekeeping and maintenance tasks against the background of the near perfect weather here at Bracui.

Today I managed to plug the Acer netbook to wall power.  The 3-prong Brazilian plug that I had recently purchased in Angra would not fit and the wall socket appeared to be a standard USA 2-blade 110V.  I went back to the boat and found the 3-prong USA plug, fitted an adapter to make it a 2-blade connection, and that worked fine.  Now I don't have to work in the office using the slow "point and click" screen keyboard of the Toshiba because its keyboard is faulty.  ... And it means that this marina is using 220V on the jetties and 110V in the office.

The charge for the American Airlines round trip ticket to the USA showed up in my Visa account, the final confirmation to me that all now OK with that.  Today I had the office staff print out my E-ticket.  They also printed for themselves a short document translated into Portuguese in which I stated my departure and return dates as well as contact information while I am in the U.S.A.

I spent hours preparing a DVD covering my passage to the Horn and stay in Argentina and reviewing the videos and photographs that I took revived a lot of memories of the Horn adventure.  To be honest, I can hardly believe that I did it.

I cannot resist presenting two hitherto unpublished photographs that could be seen as book ends to the Horn adventure.
 Rick and Bob

The first bookend is of the last thing that I saw at Marina de La  Paz when I set off for the Horn.  To the left is Rick and at the right is Bob Carroll being helpful as ever, pointing me in the direction of the Horn.
Survivor

The second bookend is of me at the end of the journey.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad you are a Survivor and all tickets are now organized.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me