This blog is about planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in a 39-foot sail boat followed, hopefully, by a diary of the actual circumnavigation. You can track the progress of Pachuca by visiting http://www.pangolin.co.nz/xtras/yotreps/tracker.php?ident=VNW5980
Sunday, November 16, 2008
EarthRace Eco Boat
Arnold discovered that they were allowing visitors aboard the Earthrace Eco Boat for a voluntary donation so I went for a visit and met up with Morry and Irene who chatting to the girl taking the donations.
I will state here what I think I know about the boat. It was built in New Zealand to crack the world record for a powered circumnavigation of the world. The hull is of carbon fibre and it has two Cummins engines. She did succeed in cracking the world record, circumnavigating the globe in just over 60 days. And she is powered by bio diesel. She is headed for the East coast of Australia then will return to New Zealand.
You can Google "earthrace eco boat" and visit references such as http://marinebiztv.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/earthrace-eco-boat-smashes-round-the-world-speed/.
Enclosed are four photos of the interior of the boat:
- Port and Starboard seat controls
- Irene passing from the galley area to the cockpit
- Robert pretending that he is driving the boat
- ► 2012 (344)
- ► 2011 (288)
- ► 2010 (355)
- ► 2009 (376)
- The Invisible Milestone Approaches.....
- More Good Winds Predicted........
- How to Island Hop..........
- The tiny story...........
- An email from Pachuca !
- The Wind Gods are Smiling.......
- Excellent Reef Knots............
- Blue Water Cruising Again.....
- Departing for Hawaii
- Tahiti 19-20 November
- Gave Up On Water Maker
- Tahiti 17-18 Nov
- More Photos of Earthrace Eco Boat
- EarthRace Eco Boat
- Biodiesel Boat
- Photos of Day Trip
- Tahiti 15-16 Nov, Brenda Departs for OZ
- More Company
- Tahiti 12,13 Nov
- Photos, Berth Charges, and Day at the Beach
- Tahiti 10 Nov
- Photos - Tahiti
- Tahiti 8-9 Nov 2008
- Photos of Papeete Public Park
- Photos of Moorea
- Photos - Moorea
- Tahiti Nov 5-7
- Tahiti, 2-4 Nov 2008
- Papeete Photos
- Town Hall
- Street Scenes
- Tahiti Market
- Cable Break
- Taina Marina
- Tahiti, 30th October to 1st November
- ▼ November (38)
- ► 2007 (43)