This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Friday, November 21, 2008

Moorea

I took these photos during two trips to Moorea, the populated Island that's about 8 NM from Tahiti.

I took the first three photos during my first trip. I could not find the cycle rental store that Robert had seen, so I walked probably more than 10 miles exploring the southern part of the island and took the photos while walking.


The first photo shows a couple fishing with a net. I watched them for a while, and they seemed to be trying to locate fish before deploying the net.

The second photo shows a small island off the SE coast of Moorea. The island is on the reef and seems close enough to swim to. Note the huts on the left side of the island.

The third photo shows part of the Moorea coast, which is typical of the entire coast.

I took the remaining photos during my second trip. With Robert's help I located the cycle rental counter and rented a scooter for the day. I rode around the entire island on the scooter (about 65 km), and to a lookout point high on one of the mountains.





The first photo shows a restaurant on a beach. The pedestrian bridge crosses a river – one of many in Moorea.

The second and third photos show parts of the narrow road to the mountain lookout. It's a different world in the mountains as the pictures show, and not at all what I expected in Tahiti.

The fourth photo shows the lookout at the end of the road in a place called Belvedere. In the distance is one of two beautiful bays on the west coast.

The last photo shows part of an extensive trail system near the lookout. I was OK on this trail until I reached the classic “fork in the trail.” I couldn't decide which way to go, so, I turned back.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me