This blog is about planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in a 39-foot sail boat followed, hopefully, by a diary of the actual circumnavigation. You can track the progress of Pachuca by visiting http://www.pangolin.co.nz/xtras/yotreps/tracker.php?ident=VNW5980
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The Wind Gods are Smiling.......
NOON 25 NOV GMT-10. 11S39 149W05. 350 NM FROM TAHITI, 1875 NM FROM HAWAII. N-N = 135 NM. GOOD PROGRESS SO FAR.
Pachuca's location can be seen here;
You can move the map around a little with the mouse!
Also here are two wind forecast pictures. Wind is predicted to be from the East, which is just what is wanted.
On the left is the 24 hour, above is the 12 hour forecast. The short lines (or wind barbs) show the direction and strength of the wind.
- ► 2012 (344)
- ► 2011 (288)
- ► 2010 (355)
- ► 2009 (376)
- The Invisible Milestone Approaches.....
- More Good Winds Predicted........
- How to Island Hop..........
- The tiny story...........
- An email from Pachuca !
- The Wind Gods are Smiling.......
- Excellent Reef Knots............
- Blue Water Cruising Again.....
- Departing for Hawaii
- Tahiti 19-20 November
- Gave Up On Water Maker
- Tahiti 17-18 Nov
- More Photos of Earthrace Eco Boat
- EarthRace Eco Boat
- Biodiesel Boat
- Photos of Day Trip
- Tahiti 15-16 Nov, Brenda Departs for OZ
- More Company
- Tahiti 12,13 Nov
- Photos, Berth Charges, and Day at the Beach
- Tahiti 10 Nov
- Photos - Tahiti
- Tahiti 8-9 Nov 2008
- Photos of Papeete Public Park
- Photos of Moorea
- Photos - Moorea
- Tahiti Nov 5-7
- Tahiti, 2-4 Nov 2008
- Papeete Photos
- Town Hall
- Street Scenes
- Tahiti Market
- Cable Break
- Taina Marina
- Tahiti, 30th October to 1st November
- ▼ November (38)
- ► 2007 (43)