This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Brenda Arrived OK

Brenda's plane arrived 20 minutes late at 11 PM last night but otherwise everything went to plan.

Rafa came to the marina with his taxi at 10.20 PM and off we went on the 15 minute drive to the La Paz airport. He waited for us in the parking lot.

Brenda was understandably tired after a 40 hour trip involving 5 air planes and 6 airports. Rafa got us to the marina and I paid him a well deserved 600 pesos for his services.

Then came the hard part. It was a moderately windy night of 10-15 knots, which was not dangerous but somewhat challenging and damp in the middle of the night. Fortunately I had thought of bringing a hefty wet weather jacket that I had purchased in Neah Bay which helped Brenda keep warm and dry. I wore my wet weather trousers. Brenda had one heavy luggage bag and a backpack, and I was carrying my own backpack. I had never approached the boat at night but the green flashing light on the channel marker got me off to a good start and once past that I had no trouble identifying Pachuca, the only boat with her cabin light on.

When we reached the boat Brenda sat still while I tied up the dinghy and unloaded the baggage. Then it was up to Brenda to face her last hurdle of the trip, climbing from the dinghy onto the ladder then up and over the rail. She did that well and soon she was safely in Pachuca's cockpit which to me marked the end of her long journey.

2 comments:

Coral said...

Great to hear Brenda has arrived safely. Hope it doesn't take too long to come good after such a long trip. Hopefully plenty of time to rest.

Chris said...

Well done Brenda...you are good at boarding Pachuca even in the middle of the night!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me