This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Friday, June 4, 2010

SABB Maintenance and For Sale

Yesterday after returning from grocery shopping I slid back the engine cover and found the SABB to be still warm but not too hot to work on, so I spent an hour changing its oil (6.5 liters) and filter. There is nothing like experience. I sucked the old oil out and changed the filter with no problem at all.

It was not economically rational to go to that trouble and expense given that I expect to be running the engine for only a few more weeks and there is a possibility that it will be scrapped after that. It's really a people thing: a duty to take as good a care of that engine as possible while it is still in my custody. ... But why do I need to explain this? Everybody knows that boating has nothing to do with economic rationality.

Yesterday I posted a "For Sale SABB 2G Engine" sign at the Club Cruseros.

Today I posted a "For Sale' classified at http://www.oldmarineengine.com/index.html ("Classifieds" tab) which should be visible after the site managers have checked out the ad.

I had a look at Ebay which has a legitimate requirement to validate the identity of the applicant. However, the telephone method was not suitable because I do not have a land line, and the credit card method required the provision of my credit card details which I was not willing to do.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You are getting ahead of things now!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me