This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Status on New Engine

At this point I have completed the necessary steps at my end for the importation of the engine. Columbia is ready for notification of when the engine will arrive at their San Diego depot and I have transferred the necessary funds to Shoreline in Port Townsend (and took a beating of over $1000 on recent adverse movements of the value of the Aussie dollar).

Mark hopes to receive the engine from Volvo by the end of this week. He'll have a lot of work to do preparing the engine (e.g. mating the transmission to the engine) and spares, crating it very well for shipment, and coordinating with a transport company. He may be able to ship the engine out of Port Townsend for San Diego at the end of next week.

For me this is the break from the frenetic activities that I was hoping to get. The SAbb engine seems to be up and running and no longer taking up much of my time, and the engine repowering effort is in another phase with the ball in the court on the other side of the border. This will give me a chance to prepare the boat for the arrival of Brenda from Australia in only 8 days - 11 June. I've got a lot of work ahead work ahead of me such as cleaning the interior of the boat and doing some rearranging to free up the V-berth in the forecastle.

Although the anchorage here at the Mogote presents several advantages one of my tasks is to move the boat closer to the marina at first opportunity (i.e. when one of several boats moves out).

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me