This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Volvo Engine On Way

UPS picked up the new Volvo engine from Shoreline Marine yesterday afternoon. I have a tracking number which should become useful by Monday.

I have alerted Judith here at Columbia transport and passed on to her all six customs and shipping documents that Mark had sent to me. On Monday I will contact her and try to get the Columbia paperwork on the move. Hopefully by then we will have an ETA of the engine at the Columbia depot in San Diego.

Mindful of the difficulty that Mark had had in getting full insurance coverage for the engine during its transport to San Diego I had asked Judith how much coverage Columbia's insurance actually gave. Her disappointing response was that it would cover only about 15% of the total value of the engine. The insurance seems to be designed to cover minor shipment damage to not total loss due to say, a road accident. I'll speak with her on Monday about getting better coverage.

After my discussion with Columbia I should have enough information for a visit to Neil here at Marina de La Paz to begin detail planning on the engine swap.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me