This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Friday, January 7, 2011

Alternator and Engine Controls Now On Board

Eco Naviera did a superb job and the alternator and engine controls are now on board Pachuca.

Yolanda returned from Pichilingue at 2.30 PM yesterday and soon she, her colleague, and I were in the car headed for the airport.  My equipment had been moved from the airport terminal building to the Aduana compound a half mile away.  At the gate papers were presented to the guard, along with my name.  He went into the building to consult with somebody then returned to let us through the gate.

The customs man was fastidious in checking out my paperwork and the equipment.  He got fussy because the customs girl who had typed the letter at the airport had described only one engine control box instead of two, and had not specified any part numbers. I kept cool with a smile on my face and let my representatives do the talking.  At 3.30 PM the equipment was released into my hands.

For me to have tried to do this alone would have probably taken several frustrating days with maybe return trips to airport customs and Pichilingue.  This way was much better: I arrived in force with two experienced representatives to do the talking. 

The cost of Eco Naviera's service was a remarkably low $60.  The cab fare to the airport and back alone would have cost me $54.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Clever thinking>>>>>>>

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me