Fortunately he had found a connector for joining the cable to the gear shift lever. As usual his work was measured and meticulous. After starting the engine and testing the linkage he made some minor adjustments then pronounced the work "perfecto".
Mark had strongly advised me to have Joel do the installation rather than trying it myself, and how right he was. It would have taken me 3 or 4 nerve wracking day to do it, and still I would be worrying about the robustness of the result.
The control cables are standard ones 18 ft long. This has allowed generous loops at the engine end, but after doing some measurements I think that in future I will get 17 ft cables. This will allow a straighter run to the accelerator and an adequate loop for the transmission.
Doing the short time that we ran the engine I noticed that the voltage meter at the cockpit was creeping up nicely to 14 volts with no battery alarm.
At this point it appears that Pachuca is ready for Sea.