This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back in La Paz

I flew from Seattle to La Paz yesterday as scheduled.

Arnold was very ill with that second cold that I had just gotten over but he managed to drive me to Poulsbo where I boarded the shuttle bus to the airport at 4 AM.

The flight went well but the reception at La Paz was not as congenial as I would have hoped.  My new alternator got the attention of the Customs people and after an hour explanation, presentation of documentation, and more explanation I was told that I would not be liable for duty but they would hold the equipment at the airport until I visit the Aduana (Customs) at Pichilingue and presumably obtain some sort of clearance.  The airport Customs staff typed a letter that I must present to the Aduana (along with all of the documentation that I can muster).

Then a few minutes ago I was alerted by a reader of this blog that Jeanne Socrates has been rolled over near the Horn.  Fortunately she is OK but her boat Nereida was damaged.  (See http://synereida.livejournal.com/)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hope all colds have vanished______

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me