This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Spray Dodger Back On

1. No Dodger
2. Dodger with Window Covers
Francisco brought the repaired spray dodger yesterday morning as promised.  His work was good and I was happy with the price that I paid.  Bob Carroll was on board with one of his boat cushions to discuss work that he wanted done.

This morning I put the dodger up and welcomed the added privacy from passers by on the jetty as much as the sun protection for the windows.  While I was at it I put up the "link sheet" that spans the gap between the bimini and the spray dodger.  Then I zipped on the port cockpit sun screen to protect the cockpit from the morning sun.  I need to take every practical measure to keep the boat as cool as possible.  Today the temperature peaked at 101.9F compared yesterday's 104F.
3. With Link Sheet

4. With Port sun Screen
5. Looking Out Through Sun Screen
Francisco discussing job with Bob
I may have to take the canvas back down in a few days because "Hilary" has become a fully fledged hurricane and is predicted to pass comfortably west of La Paz in about 5 days (http://eebmike.com/), but one never tell with a hurricane.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me