This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, January 21, 2013

Boat Windows Resealed

Splashdown, Low Loader at Left
Yesterday I managed to reseal all six cabin windows.  The process involved removing lots of screws, scraping off the old sealant, the applying marine grade silicone sealant to the window and cabin surfaces, then mounting the window back on.  I worked until 7 PM but wanted to get the entire job behind me. 
Mast Being Stepped


First Window Being Resealed

The windows are showing their age, with lots of minor fracturing particularly around the screw holes.  Fortunately all of the fracturing is in the zone where the windows are bedded down onto the cabin with sealant.  They should see me to Fremantle OK but will be replaced when I repaint the cabin of the boat.  I think that it will be a good idea of putting washers under the screws when I mount the new windows.

Today I'll trim off the excess sealant then remove the spray dodger press studs and fill the holes with epoxy in preparation for the new spray dodger.

I received an email from Steve at North Sails last night, and he was preparing his quotations which I should receive today.

Yesterday I received a visit from David, the manager of Action Yachting, and the workman who will be doing the fiberglass work on the side deck.   I asked the workman his name and introduced myself to Titus with a handshake.

I'm including photos of a new catamaran that was lifted off a low loader and plunked into the water yesterday.  The people in this boat yard know their business and I would have no hesitation in having Pachuca lifted out by them if it became a necessity.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great you managed to reseal all six cabin windows..Pachuca will be happy. Guess you will have all jobs done before Brenda arrives.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me