This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, March 4, 2013

Looking Good for Wednesday

I made a quick trip into town this morning to visit Dulcie for my departure haircut, as I had promised after my first haircut with her in early January.  I asked for and got "the works" and should arrive in Fremantle looking reasonably neat, other than the beard.  On the way back I stopped off at Food Lovers and purchased a roll for lunch, a big container of salad, and a bunch of bananas. 

I got back in time to re establish contact with SAMMNet on 7.120 MHz LSB at 1135 UTC.  He now knows my departure plan and will be able to give me a more detailed weather report at tomorrow morning's 0635 session.  Between Sam doing the coastal work and Graham doing the long range work (14.316 MHz USB, 0630 and 1130 UTC) I should get good support to at least the mid point to Australia, a very comforting thought.

Sam did tell me that there will be a wind shift from south to west on Wednesday, and I confirmed as much with a download of a Ugrib file.  This is surprisingly good news for me, who expected to have to deal with winds in the S-SE sector. 

In 20 minutes I will board the cab for the dental visit.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow! getting trimmed up again...good idea.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me