This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Refrigerator Working


Doug Roth visited the boat for the 5th time and found that the refrigerator tubing had no more leaks. He evacated the gas from the tube with the pump shown in the photo then charged up the unit with Freon 12. Two hours later I had an ice cold beer from the refrigerator. For Quality Assurance reasons I soon had a second cold beer. I then decided to mop up some water at the bottom of the refrigerator compartment and found that it was covered with a layer of ice. Just before Arnold arrived I had a third cold beer under the well established principle of longtitudinal camparative consistency analysis (translation: I felt like another beer). Doug will return on Monday to make sure that all is well and I settle with him. Doug is the old fashioned we'll fix it no matter what kind of guy, which is in sharp contrast to the swap jockeys that prevail today. He never gave up. Monday will represent his sixth trip to the boat.

Last night after dinner I opened the package containing the new Bosch temperature sensor for the SABB diesel. It appeared to be the correct part. Arnold did some research on my behalf and this morning I ordered a new cooling fan which I will set up to evacuate the heat from around the refrigerator compressor and coils. I also ordered an up-market 12v-120v 300 watt inverter that puts out a true sine wave.

This morning we purchased a 10-ft pressure treated plank at Home Depot for under $10.00. We had it cut in two and I will stow them below for use as fenders when tied up to pylons.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me