This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, July 19, 2009





This is Sunday and I am on a break visiting Arnold and Sandra.

Yesterday I sanded the four round winch platforms then painted them with three coats of 2-pack paint. The top photo shows the wooden toppings that I removed. In the second photo you can see the six filled-in holes in the near platform before the painting. The four holes not filled in are for the padeyes used to stow the running backstays. The thired photo shows the four painted platforms.

I also polished the stainless steel bow protection plate.

The lower photo is of a Hunter 31 that caught my eye. The boat seems to have a lot of freeboard and very little keel. I'm sure that the Hunter 31 is a fine boat but I'm wondering how much sail it can carry.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me