This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Thursday, September 16, 2010

16 September Photos - 1

I emerged from the apartment this morning to see cars parked in every available space.  When I rounded the corner into Calle Maguez de Leon and saw that access to the waterfront Malecon was blocked and this entire end of the Malecon was being used as a staging area for a parade.  This was the 16th of September, Mexico's Independence Day (http://www.presidiolabahia.org/mex_ind.htm).  I returned to the apartment, changed out of my working clothes, then went to the Malecon to take photos.  The parade was long and very colorful and here are a few of the photos that I took.  As I left to return to the apartment I could see the yachts milling around for a "motor by" as part of the ceremonies.  I had been invited several times to join in with Pachuca but with my floor boards scattered all over the boat I had a good excuse.
  
Note the persistent great weather.  I haven't seen any recordable rain (i.e. more than a few drops) since I arrived in May.  Also, don't forget that you can enlarge the photos with the left mouse button.

      Close Scrutiny From A Local

      We're Getting Serious Now

      1 comment:

      Chris said...

      What a surprise!

      Blog Archive

      Contributors

      Statistics Click Me