This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back on the Internet

After a gorgeous sunny day yesterday I woke up to heavy showers this morning and didn't expect to get much done.  Between showers I brought my laptop to test the wireless internet on the way to shower room and found it to be still down.  On the way back to Pachuca I saw Ricardo boarding his boat after taking his dog for a walk and asked for his help.  Soon we were walking back to the marina office and he had is iPad in hand in order to test the connectivity.

After a brief discussion in Portuguese Ricardo told me that the wireless service that I had been using was no longer available, and that I should another one which was password protected.  Ricardo successfully connected his iPad with the password that he had been given, then I tried the connection with my Acer and Bingo! I was back on the internet again.

I told Ricardo that without his help I may have been off the internet for many more days.  I gave him my thanks and I could tell that he was very happy with help that he had given to me.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thank goodness Ricardo was such a great helper and the internet is going again.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me