This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Minor Works



Yesterday I installed a 12V extraction fan to ventilate the space under the starboard quarter berth that houses the refrigerator compressor. The idea is to suck cool air from louvers at the side of the bunk and pass it over the compressor and out the other side. I will have to go to the trouble of setting up some sort of barrier to keep stores away from the fan opening but having an efficient refrigeration system warrants the effort. I expect this to be of particular value in the tropics.

The other photo is of the LED lighting in the head. In Hawaii I set up the strip of 6 LED's, hard wired and permanently on. This week I put up the round light at the left, a stand-alone set of 3 LED's powered by 4 AA batteries that are alleged to last for 16 hours of lighting. You turn it on and off by pushing on the plastic front. It also has an automatic turn-off timer that I have set to about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me