This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beginning of The Main Event


This morning I cleared out the V-berth area.  Stored in this area were all of the boat's floor boards which I removed and laid down. 

The first photo shows the area after it had been cleared and striped of fittings.

The second photo was taken after the removal of the mold-prone fabric lining (shown at the bottom).  I have a big task ahead of me to remove every bit of the remaining contact glue with Comex varnish thinner.

At the front you see the rectangular patch that I installed in Hawaii with lots of guidance from Wally.   Previously there had been a plastic door giving access to the chain locker which I foolishly installed in Fremantle.  Above is the electric motor and gear of the anchor windlass.

The whole area looks rather rough as would be expected on the inside of the hull and deck of a fiberglass boat.  I'll fill and sand as much as I can.

1 comment:

Chris said...

OMG work is none ending....

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me