This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Compressor Repositioned

Roger visited yesterday morning and rotated the compressor 90 degrees.  The fan at the right sucks air to the left over the body of the compressor.  The warmed air should then be drawn out of the compartment by the exhaust fan in the corner under the dome at the top of the photo.  It is a strong and neat setup and I thank my lucky stars that I decided to build that shelf even though Roger had told me that the underlying supports would be sufficient.

For a man who wanted to circumnavigate initially on tiny 23-ft gaff rigged Chiquita then on the 27-ft Angie with her ice box and the luxury of a marine head that I installed in later years, I must confess that I have become soft and decadent with my enjoyment of padding over the soft carpeted sole to the delights in my refrigerator, with its chilled and freezer sections. 

Comforts are like a ratchet in my life.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great the refrigerator is up and going!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me