This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Puerto Montt Back On Itinerary

With a comfortable 5 months to get from Ecuador to the Horn, Puerto Montt Chile is back on my itinerary.  It looks like a modern city (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Montt) and is at the same latitude as Launceston, Tasmania.  I've been looking at the weather regularly (http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Puertomontt/forecasts/latest) and the winds are consistently moderate.

I've gone back to my earlier plan of working my way down the S. America coast.  I know that I will be beating against the prevaling winds and current, but Pachuca is a good upwind boat and I may as well exploit that advantage. 

My next step is to get good cruising guides of Peru and Chile.

2 comments:

Simeon said...

Ahhh, great!
With all your work I'm glad you are able to keep your eye on the prize. Of course, that's what keeps you doing all the work!

With the lack of ventilation in the forepeak, remember to use that vapor mask and take frequent fresh air breaks.

Chris said...

Sounds exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me