This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Boat is Ready for Occupancy

After a long day (10 hours) Pachuca is ready for occupancy.


Here are some photos of the V berth ready for sleeping. 













And here are some photos of the head, where I varnished the woodwork and painted the compartments.  Unfortunately I had not dusted the place before I took the photos.































Now photos of the navigation station, settee area, and galley. Included is a photo of the refrigerator compartment, painted and ready for the installation of the new unit.  The ice box to its left got the same treatment.

Note that the companion way landing (i.e. the top of the engine cover) has been sanded but not varnished because I needed passage for the other work.  Once things settle down I'll varnish it over a period of 3 days and use the forward hatch for entry and exit.

The last photo shows the clean white bulkhead at the back, instead of the moldy fabric of before.





5 comments:

Chris said...

OMG hope it always stays the same! Awesome

Anonymous said...

Bob - your hard work is an inspiration - Looks great !!!

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stephen Fryc

yui said...

Hi. I regularly visit your blog.
Your story makes me fun and I can't wait the next update!
I'll write soon.

sm said...

Looks GREAT! All your time and effort paid off.

Arnold said...

Good work -- Pachuca now looks like a new boat.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me