This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Friday, July 1, 2011

Cover for Lazarette

Doug finally got around to making that cover for the lazarette doors.  The cost was 1260 peso, or roughly $100.
Unprotected Doors

The material is waterproof and strong and according to Doug is used for truck tarps.  I plan to fasten the top and side edges to the fiberglass using thin battens and possibly silicone sealant.  Doug gave me extra material on these edges so that I can fold and cut it to suit.  He does not think that I need to fasten lower edge, but may I try using Velcro to hold down the lower end of the zip up flap that gives access to the doors.
Cover to be Held Down by Battens and Velcro


I hope to install and test the cover before I travel to Port Townsend where Plan B is on standby.
Flap Unzipped and Folded Back for Access to Doors

1 comment:

chris said...

They look very smart. Thought Doug's were in Australia????

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me