This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cupboard and Painting Finished

Start of the Project
The repainting of the "pots 'n pans" cupboard has been completed.  I have the satisfaction of knowing that only about 100 ml remain of the 4 liters of expensive Imron paint that I purchased for the project.  

What I Saw in My Mind's Eye
The "before" photo shows the dried contact glue after I pulled out the last of the fabric liner on the boat.  (I had thought that the quarter berths represented the last of the material but I forgot about this cupboard.)

Sliding Doors Back in Place
There was lots of wood that I first covered with 2-part primer.  Then I laid 2 coats of Imron on the lot.  I also did a bit of re-varnishing.. 

1 comment:

chris said...

Great improvement Lone Sailor!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me