This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Preparing for Bedding Down the Teak

I returned to the boat after Reggie left for the day, but it looks like he has put in a lot of spacers and done a bit of masking in preparation for the bedding down process.

I was at the immigration office at 8.45 AM and soon a senorita approached me and explained in pretty good English that their internet access system was still down (since yesterday).  I asked if I could hand in the bank receipt of my payment of the latest ripoff.  She said OK.  Another English speaking senorita approached and said that she was aware of my case and took the papers, saying that she would deal with it.  Then she gave me an explanation of their situation.

The immigration office is in the process of moving to new premises at 5 de Mayo and will open at their new location on Monday.  The young lady said that she did not expect to have access to their computer system today, but she was hoping for access tomorrow or Friday.  Their plan is to clear all pending work before they move, and she assured me that as soon as she gets access to the system she will process my paper work immediately and would expect release of my FM3 that same day.  She agreed that it was a good idea for me to check with them tomorrow and Friday for a result.  I thanked her for giving me such a good explanation.

I then returned to the apartment building and paid Teresa 3500 pesos for my last month of rent.  I'll be paid up until 27 August but let her know that I'll be vacating at around mid August.

1 comment:

chris said...

Sounds like you are planning to leave mexica in mid August.......

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me