This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Monday, May 18, 2009


Yesterday I visited Klaus at Punaluu near the North Shore for lunch. We spent several hours of good conversation over a great dish of lentil and pork that he presented and some Steinlager beers that I brought.

While I was there the front passed as expected and brought some good northerly winds. The wind charger hummed a bit during the night indicating a wind speed of over 10 kt, but by dawn it had eased to less than 3 kt.

Today we have had variable winds and the word is that there will be no improvement all week. I'm not too concerned because being trapped in paradise has its advantages. I am paid up for the slip until Friday and by my calculation I can stay another two weeks after that before I have reached the 140-day limit of my stay as a transient.

The photo is of Klaus at his beach side condo.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me