This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hull Cleaning and Visit

I put in over an hour yesterday cleaning another section of the hull.

I started the day with a Skype call to Colin who had sent me a message that the SABB heads were ready. I agreed to meet him at the boat ramp at 8.15 AM the following day. He asked me if I wanted to accompany him to the diesel injector place a bit out of town and I agreed.

The advice that I received about timing my dive with the and of the flood tide proved to be very good because I was not bothered in the least any current trying to drag me away from the boat. The port side is now clean from the stern to just forward of the mast. I also managed to clean the top third of the keel.

At one point I did something that I knew was a danger and came up and clunked my head at the end of the ladder but fortunately it missed my eye and did not break the skin. Another time I came up completely disorientated and confused because my boat and ladder were missing before I realized that I had come up on the wrong side of the boat.

Not long after that I visited Bob on his boat Adios where I had a good look at his Yanmar 30 hp setup and we spent about an hour going over the measurements and layout of the Volvo D2-40 engine. This was an extremely productive session for me. There is nothing like bouncing ideas around with somebody else.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me