This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Storm Jib On Way



Victor took his storm jib to Brenda's house and Brenda is satisfied that she will be able to fit it in her luggage for her flight to La Paz.

As you can see from the photos (with Victor demonstrating) it is a beautiful and well built little sail in new condition. It is on the small side at 30 sq ft but I figure that that is just about what I would need hanked on the inner forestay when either hove to or trying to sail in very heavy weather. It would be used in combination with the storm trysail behind the mast.

I tried to persuade Brenda to take my 390 kg (860 lb) SABB engine back to Australia with her for Victor's boat Chiquita but for some reason she objected, even though I offered to pay for the excess luggage. I'm still working on it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Victor is being very helpful. That engine seems heavy!

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me