This blog began in late 2006 with the planning and preparation for a circumnavigation of the world in my 39-foot sail boat Pachuca. It then covered a successful 5-year circumnavigation that ended in April 2013. The blog now covers life with Pachuca back home in Australia.

Pachuca

Pachuca
Pachuca in Port Angeles, WA USA

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pachuca and Her Trim

This is a photo of Pachuca as she will motor out from La Paz.

Under the cream sheet (to be replaced by a tarp) ahead of the mast is the Zodiac inflatable dinghy.  I'll try sailing with the Zodiac there in order to keep the cockpit clear.  If I deem the risk of it being swept overboard in heavy weather too high I'll stow in the cockpit ahead of the binnacle.

The boat looks reasonable trim at the waterline, and I expect the bow to rise slightly when I shift the anchor and rode aft.  As for the waterline itself, I have raised it twice for a total of between 3 and 4 inches.  

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

Statistics Click Me